One IT Services Pty Ltd. is committed to fair and responsible handling of personal and corporate information as set out under the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs). One IT Services (collectively; “One IT”, “We”, “Us”, or “Our”), respects your privacy.
The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) regulate the way One IT Services can collect, use, manage, and disclose personal information. The APPs give you the power to access and control personal information, including how that information is collected and stored, how it will be used and disclosed, as well as ensuring the accuracy of the information. The APPs are a part of the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2001. These can be viewed at: www.oaic.gov.au
What is Personal Information?
Personal Information is information that can identify and individual by name, credit card number, email address, and other information that can be connected to identify an individual. Personal Information also includes Operation Personal Information which may include the above information (Personal Information) as well as address, title, organization, and telephone number.
What Personal Information is Collected and Held?
Personal information held by One IT Services may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone numbers, email addresses, bank account or credit card details, occupation and company information for credit purposes. We also retain details of what services you have used with One IT Services.
How is Personal Information Collected?
One IT Services collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you via phone, in writing, or when you submit information about yourself or your organization through our website or through any of our services;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from our own account records and the history of how you use our products and services;
- directly from you if your submit a resume or provide work history details as a potential employee;
- from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies, or your representatives.
In order to provide you with services and products we may be required to collect certain personal information about you as a requirement of a contractual relationship we may have with you. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfillment of these contractual obligations, products, or services. We will inform you if certain data is required and the outcome of the inability to provide such data.
How is Personal Information Used?
One IT Services may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- verification of your identity;
- provide information about our products and services when requested;
- inform you of technology solutions and services we believe will be of interest to you or will provide you with an improved experience;
- provide support for products and services;
- conducting appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and fraud;
- to comply with laws related to Data Retention and website Cookies/Tracking collection;
- research to develop and improve our services.
Cookies and Passive Data Collection from our Website
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your device when you first access most websites. Cookies are used to recognize your preferences, enhance the performance of our website, and collect analytical information for the purpose of improving our website and services. Most browsers accept cookies by default, but you can adjust your browser settings to decline cookies if desired.
Other passive data may be collected which includes browser type information, device information, and Internet Protocol information.
Cookies are not used to collect personal information and they cannot be used to install malicious software onto your device.
Personal Information Accuracy
One IT Services takes all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect, use, and disclose is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. The accuracy of this information depends on what is provided to us by you, so we recommend that you let us know if there are any errors in your personal information.
You have a right to access all personal information held by us. If you would like to do so, please contact the Managing Director on (08) 8986 7333.
We are committed to improving our processes so that your personal information is handled and treated appropriately. We will work with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principals.
To lodge a complaint, please contact the Managing Director on (08) 8986 7333.
Need Help? Want to Learn More?
Our dedicated support and account specialists are here to help. Call us on 08 8986 7333.